Friday 27 December 2019

In life's hard times, never think that the situation is hopeless!

As I was reading the words of Zophar (one of Job's 'comforters'!), I came across the words, "There is hope" (Job 11:18). As I thought about these words - even allowing for the fact that Zophar didn't really have an accurate understanding of Job's situation, my thoughts went on to the end of the book of Job, and I thought to myself, "This is something we must never forget - There is hope! For chapter after chapter, Job's situation looked hopeless. He was a righteous man who was being falsely accused by his so-called 'friends'. When it looked like there was no hope, Job kept on looking to the Lord. It was only at the end of the story that Job was restored to a place of blessing. However you feel, in life's hard times, never think that the situation is hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...