Sunday 29 December 2019

I can't cope! ...

I can't cope!
These are desperate words. They're words that say, "There's  no hope." How can hope break  into our desperate situation? Hope comes to us when we learn to say something more than "I can't cope!" - when we learn to say, "I can't cope - without you, Lord." When a cry of despair becomes a prayer to the Lord, everything changes. What is it that changes everything? It's been said that "love changes everything." Again, there's something we must add to this. We must learn to say, "God's love changes everything." Love isn't something that comes from within ourselves. Love comes to us when the Lord comes to us. That's when our "I can't" becomes "I can." We can say something more than this. It's not so much "I can." It's "Christ can" and "Christ will." Can I cope? Will I cope? When we look away from ourselves to Christ, we receive the strength that we need - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...