Thursday 26 December 2019

No Turning Back

Ruth 1:1-22
This is the story of an older woman - Naomi - and a younger woman - Ruth. The great words of Ruth 1:16-17 stand  out - "But Ruth answered, “Don’t force me to leave you. Don’t make me turn back from following you. Wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and I will be buried there with you. May the Lord strike me down if anything but death separates you and me!”"
They speak to us of more than Ruth's commitment to Naomi. They call us to be, more truly and more fully, committed to Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Lord. "I have decided to follow Jesus, No turning  back; The world before me, the cross before me; Tho' none go with me, still I will follow. Will you decide now to follow Jesus." "I want to walk with Jesus Christ, all the days of this life on earth; To give to Him complete control of body and soul."
Life is a journey. Ruth and Naomi travelled together. Ruth could have chosen to go her own way, to say Goodbye to Naomi. We can do that with Jesus. Many people do this. They come so far with Jesus and, then, they say, "That's far enough." How sad! It doesn't need to be like this. We can go on with Jesus. We can say 'No' to the world and 'Yes' to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...