Saturday 25 January 2020

The Lord’s Words To “The Seven Churches”

Here are a few thoughts from the messages to “the seven churches.”

* Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love (Revelation 2:4).
This is one of the saddest verses in the whole of the Bible. It tells the story of so many of us. Let us pray that this will not happen to us.
* Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life (Revelation 2:10).
Here, we have God’s call to faithfulness. He is calling us to be faithful to the end. Let us pray that God will give us His strength so that we may remain faithful to Him throughout our earthly journey.
* Likewise you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth (Revelation 2:15-16).
Why is the Church in such a terrible state? The explanation is clear – Compromise. We are too busy listening to the world.
We are not busy enough, listening to God’s Word.
* To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze (Revelation 2:18).
As we read these words, we must pray for a fresh awareness that, in Scripture, we hear “the words of the Son of God.”
* Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols (Revelation 2:20).
Here, we have the same problem. There is too much listening to the world and not enough listening to the Word of God.
* Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy (Revelation 3:4).A few people! – Let us pray that there will be more than just a few!


* I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name (Revelation 3:8).

We read here of “an open door.” As we think of the open door of opportunity, let us think first of the opening of our heart to the Lord. Let us remember this. The blessing of fruitfulness is given to those who seek to maintain the obedience of faithfulness. Let us open our hearts to Christ, and let us pray that he will open for us a door of opportunity to bring blessing into the lives of others.
* Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me (Revelation 3:20).
As we read the Book of Revelation, let us make sure that we never overlook this very important verse. This is God’s Word to us at the beginning of the Christian life. This is God’s Word to us at every stage in the Christian life. May God give us grace, day-by-day, to open our hearts afresh to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...