Better To Play With Dynamite … !

“Jehoiakim started something here that has come into fashion again in our time – cutting up God’s Word with a knife! Note Jeremiah 36:24 –  Yet they were not afraid, nor rent their garments, neither the king, nor any of his servants that heard all these words’! Aye, men might well be afraid when they dishonour the Word of the living God. Better to play with dynamite than with His Book!”
(Rev James Philip, Notes on Jeremiah 36:1-26, Gardenstown Church, Friday 17th August 1956)

Popular posts from this blog

2nd January: Psalm 23:1-6 - 'You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.'

3rd January: Psalm 42:1-11 - 'My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.'

4th January: Genesis 1:1-3 - Get Your Priorities Right - God, God's Word, God's Spirit.