Tuesday 14 April 2020

In Christ, We Are Being Led On To ‘A Better Country... A Heavenly One.’

Genesis 47:27-48:22
No more fear (46:3). No more pride (47:9). Now, no more doubt - God will bless (15-16, 19-21). Let it be confidence(Philippians 1:6), humility(John 15:5) and faith(Hebrews 11:1; Philippians 3:14). Man's way is set aside - ‘his younger brother shall be greater than he’(19). We are ‘saved by grace’(Ephesians 2:8). There is one way of salvation - God’s way (John 14:6). Israel was promised a ‘land’(21). In Christ, we are being led on to ‘a better country... a heavenly one’ (Hebrews 11:16). Jacob said, ‘I am about to die’(21). Jesus says, ‘I died and... I am alive for evermore’(Revelation 1:18). He says, ‘I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also’(John 14:3). No more fear, pride, doubt - Christ saves ‘to the uttermost’(Hebrews 7:25).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

More Than A Morning Prayer: Psalm 5

“Morning by morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; morning by morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation” (v. 3). These ...