Sunday 29 December 2019

Our enemy is strong. Our Saviour is stronger.

"For the enemy has pursued my soul; he has crushed my life to the ground; he has made me sit in darkness like those long dead. Therefore my spirit faints within me; my heart within me is appalled" (Psalm 143:3-4). "Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord! I have fled to you for refuge" (Psalm 143:9). "And in your steadfast love you will cut off my enemies, and you will destroy all the adversaries of my soul, for I am your servant" (Psalm 143:12).
Beyond our human enemies, there is the enemy - Satan. He is a powerful enemy. There is a greater power. It's the power of God's love. We're attacked by Satan. We're loved by God. It's God's love that lifts us out of Satan's pit. Our enemy is strong. Our Saviour is stronger. "Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:57).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

More Than A Morning Prayer: Psalm 5

“Morning by morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; morning by morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation” (v. 3). These ...