Saturday 8 February 2020

"God forbid that I should glory ... " (Galatians 6:14).

Galatians 6:11-18
"God forbid that I should glory ... " (Galatians 6:14).
This is more than "I will never boast ... " Who says, "I will never boast"? Remember Peter. He said this, and, then, he denied the Lord three times.
"God forbid ... " is a prayer for God's help. It's not an assertion about what "I will never" do.
How do we glory ... ? - This is more than singing hymns about the Cross of Christ. It's more than celebrating the Lord's Supper. It's being "crucified to the world" (Galatians 6:14). It's living as "a new creation" (Galatians 6:15).
This is what Paul speaks about in Galatians 5:22-25. We have received new life from the Spirit. We are to live the new life of the Spirit - the life of "love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

More Than A Morning Prayer: Psalm 5

“Morning by morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; morning by morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation” (v. 3). These ...