Sunday 3 March 2024

What, Lord, does it mean to find Jesus? It means that He found us.

Song of Solomon 3:1-4:8
We thank You, Lord, that Jesus says to us, "Seek and you will find" (Matthew 7:7). When we have found Him, may we say, with joy, "I found Him whom my soul loves - my true love" (Song of Solomon 3:4). What, Lord, does it mean to find Jesus? It means that He found us. Before we ever thought of seeking for Him, He came seeking for us. Before we ever thought of loving Him, He loved us: "I have loved you with an everlasting love" (Jeremiah 31:3). Before we can say, "Hallelujah! I have found Him", He finds us: "I once was lost, but now am found."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...