Sunday 5 April 2020

Come Back Home.

“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.“Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.” (Luke 10:13-16).

When we read these words of Jesus, we may think that they sound very negative. We must not miss the positive message. Things can be turned around. You don't need to wander far away from God. You can come back to Him.You can be blessed by Him. Listen to Jesus. Hear what He's saying to you. There is a word of warning here. There's also a promise of blessing. Will we be 'lifted to the heavens'? - "There's a way back to God From the dark paths of sin; There's a door that is open and you  may go in: At Calvary's cross is where you begin, When you come as a sinner to Jesus" (E H Swinstead).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

More Than A Morning Prayer: Psalm 5

“Morning by morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; morning by morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation” (v. 3). These ...