Saturday 20 July 2019

Growing In The Strength Of The Lord

"O my strength, I watch for You! God is my stronghold, my merciful God! ... O my strength, I will make music to praise You! God is my stronghold, my merciful God!" (Psalm 59:9,17).

Watching for the Lord means looking away from ourselves, in our weakness, to Him, in His strength. When we look away from our weakness to His strength, He gives us something to sing about. He gives us a song of praise. In our praise, let us exalt the Lord and give glory to Him. He alone is worthy of all praise. As we learn to praise the Lord, we will grow in strength. This strength is not our own strength. It's the strength of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...