Tuesday 31 December 2019

Why do we bring our offerings to the Lord?

Numbers 7:1-47
Why do we bring our offerings to the Lord? - 'that they may be used in doing the service of the tent of meeting' (5). We give ourselves to the Lord - 'Love so amazing, so divine, Shall have my soul, my life, my all' - and we ask Him to put our gift to good use - 'O use me, Lord, use even me, just as Thou wilt, and when, and where' (Church Hymnary, 437,485). Why is there so much repetition here? - God does not look only at the total offering. He prizes each separate offering. Each gift expresses the giver's love for Him. Let us 'lay up...treasures in heaven', bringing our offerings in faith, as an expression of our gratitude to God for His abundant grace. Which matters most to you? - 'earth' or 'heaven': 'Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also' (Matthew 6:19-21).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...