Thursday 2 January 2020

What about you? Will you become a Christian?

Acts 26:1-32
Paul answers three questions concerning himself. He puts a most important question to his hearers. (a) What was I before my conversion? Here, he speaks of his religion - 'According to the strictest party of my religion I have lived as a Pharisee' (5). This brought him 'to the ground' (14). (b) How did my conversion come about? Here, he speaks of his Saviour - 'I am Jesus...Stand up!' (15). (c) What happened after my conversion? Here, he describes how he became a 'servant' and a 'witness' (16). (d) The final question concerns our response - What about you? Will you become a Christian? (27-29). Do you have a story to tell? - Tell your story: the 'before', the 'after', the fact that it was Jesus who made the difference. Don't forget the challenge: To 'all who are listening to me today' - Come to Christ (29).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Bible Notes by G. Philip

For forty years, Rev George Philip (11th November 1925-16th February 2019) taught God's Word, faithfully and fruitfully,  at Sandyford...