Sunday 26 April 2020

We've only just begun ... There's so much more still to come ...

"Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him" (Romans 5:9).

The forgiveness of our sins - this is just the beginning. God has so "much more" for us. He is leading us on to our full enjoyment of His salvation: eternal life.
We look back to our personal "happy day" - "O happy day! that fixed my choice on Thee, my Saviour and my God!" We look forward to an even more wonderful day- the great Day when all God's people will be gathered together in his heavenly and eternal Kingdom. We think of that great Day, and our hearts are filled with this glorious hope: "When the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there."
---
I have quoted from "O happy day" and "When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound." Here are links to the words and tunes of these hymns - Hymn: O happy day that fixed my choice and When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder | Hymnary.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...