Monday 23 March 2020

Jesus - My Forever Friend

"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore" (Psalm 16:11).

I was about to set out on a life of ministry. It was a "path of life" that had been chosen for me by God. At the beginning of this life of ministry, I received a card with this verse from Psalm 16:11, written inside it. They came to me from the previous minister of my first congregation. Many years have come and gone since I set out on that first ministry. These words meant a lot to me then. They mean a lot to me now. The "path of life" that God chose for me was not one that I would have chosen for myself. Even when some other people were suggesting to me that this might be the way in which the Lord was leading me, I remained unconvinced - until God called me. He made His way clear to me. This was the way that He had chosen for me. It wasn't something that I was choosing for myself. It would be a way of life. It would be a way of joy. There have been many times when there's not been much life and joy about me - but the Lord has kept on loving me. He has not abandoned me. He has been with me, leading me by the bright shining light of His Word, letting His love shine through me. There have been many times when I've been "weak and heavy-laden, cumbered with a load of care." Despite of all that, the Lord has continued to remind me, again and again, of this wonderful and very special truth: "What a Friend we have in Jesus"!

---
 Here's a link to a song of personal testimony. May these words lead you to Jesus, the greatest Friend of all - My Forever Friend' - Charlie Landsborough. - YouTube. To have Jesus as my Friend in my journey through life has been such a wonderful blessing. I've not always been His friend, but He's always been my Friend. Let Jesus be your Friend, as you listen to and sing along with the great hymn of faith, "What a friend we have in Jesus." What a friend we have in Jesus - YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...