Wednesday 6 May 2020

The best thing I can tell you is God loves you.

"He who observes the wind will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4).
"I have loved you with an everlasting love" (Jeremiah 31:3).


Like everything else in our world, the weather can be so changeable. 

The love of God is unchanged, unchanging and unchangeable. What's so different about God's love? His love is eternal love. It's not something that comes and goes. He doesn't blow hot and cold. He loves us in life's rainy days as well as its sunny days.
How do we know that God loves us? - The answer to our question is Jesus - especially the fact that Jesus died for us.
---
As I was thinking about the love of God and the death of Jesus, our Saviour, I started thinking of a song which says, "The best thing I can tell you is God loves you." Here are two versions of it - 
The first video concentrates on the words of the song. The second tells the story of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. This second video is very graphic in its presentation of Christ's death on the cross. It tells it like it really was! I think that the combination of pictures, Bible verses and the song is powerful. I hope it will help you to see how much Christ suffered for you. I hope it will help to see how much he loves you. Look at his suffering - and catch a glimpse of his love. He suffered for us because he loves us - this is the meaning of his suffering. He suffered for us so that we might be forgiven by him - this is the purpose of his suffering..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...