Friday 27 December 2019

The wind of the Spirit

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:8).


Many years ago, when I started university, straight after my first group Bible study, someone asked me, "What do you think of the Holy Spirit?" I gave this answer, "He's very wonderful." Whatever else we may say about the Holy Spirit, we must begin with this: He inspires, in us, a sense of wonder. He's greater than all our thoughts about Him. He's so much greater than all our words about Him. When we think and speak about the Holy Spirit, may our thoughts be thoughts of worship and may our words be words of worship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...