Wednesday 25 December 2019

Strengthened by our victorious Lord - Jesus

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
“The world is ever near me, around me and within, but Jesus, draw thou nearer and guard my soul from sin.”
The world is very powerful. It’s round about us. It’s in us. Living in this world is a constant battle. We can’t get away from it. It’s always with us. In this lifelong battle, Jesus draws near to us. Jesus has fought the battle- and he has won the victory.
“I shall not fear the battle, if thou art by my side.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...