Sunday 29 December 2019

"I'm just a doubting Thomas" ...

"Is there any word from the Lord?" (Jeremiah 37:17).
There are many people who would never think of asking this question. They think that they already know the answer. They tell us that there can be only one answer: No! They don't expect God to speak  to them. They've stopped asking the question, "Is there any word from the Lord?"
Some people don't say, "No!" They say, "I'm not sure." They say, "I'm just a doubting Thomas." They remember that Thomas said, "I will not believe... " (John 20:25) - but they forget that he, also, said, "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28).
"Is there any word from the Lord?" Could there be a way from "No!" to "Maybe" - and, on from there, to "Yes! There is a word from the Lord"? Think about these things. Read about Jesus. Learn from him - and see where it leads you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...