Sunday 29 December 2019

I've been such a bad boy / He's been such a bad boy.

It's so easy to point the finger at someone else's sin - without ever confessing our own sin! We can be good at pointing out where other people have gone wrong - and not so good at seeing where we have gone wrong. The prayer of the Psalmist, in Psalm 139:23-24, shows us a very different way of thinking about sin: "Search me, O God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

“The Peace Of God, Which Passes All Understanding, Will Keep Your Hearts And Minds In Christ Jesus.”

2 Samuel 17:1-29 Here, we have a tragic train of events. Ahithophel’s advice was ‘not good’. His advice ‘was not followed’. He ‘hanged’...