Sunday 29 December 2019

This is your life ...

In God's Word, we read about many people who lived  a long time ago. Often, it seems like we're reading about ourselves. We see ourselves in them - these people from another time and another place. They're very different from us. They're very similar to us. If we see only the differences, we might say to ourselves, "I don't need to read about them." If we see the similarities, we may find ourselves praying, "Search me, God, and know my heart;  test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 
See if there is any offensive way in me,    and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24). When we pray such a prayer, we'll find ourselves looking beyond people from a long time ago, looking to the eternal God, who comes to meet us in our place and time, the God who changes us and brings our life more in line with his loving and holy purpose for our life. What our life is, without God, can become very different when we invite him to make us what he wants us to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...