Thursday 2 January 2020

Jesus Christ is God's Answer to the sinner's prayer.

Psalm 4:1-8
There is a great message of the Gospel here. By ourselves, we are sinners, turning God's glory to shame, loving delusions and seeking false gods (2). By grace, God has done something about this - 'the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself' (3). When we pray, 'Answer me' (1), we have this confidence: 'the Lord will hear when I call to Him' (3). The Lord hears the sinner's prayer, 'Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer' (1). Jesus Christ is God's Answer to this prayer. Christ brings relief (salvation). This salvation arises from the mercy of God. In Christ, we have a 'joy' and 'peace' which the world can neither give nor take away (7-8). When the seeking sinner comes with the question, 'Who can show us any good?' (6), the Gospel Answer is always the same - Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...