Thursday 2 January 2020

To be the best that I can be ...

Deuteronomy 14:22-15:23
'Tithing' (Giving the tenth to God) emerges out of holiness: 'You are a people holy to the Lord your God...You shall tithe' (14:21-22). It is more than giving things to God. It is giving ourselves to Him. It also involves caring for others (7-11; Isaiah 58:6-7). We have been 'earmarked' as servants of the Lord (17). Being 'earmarked' for God involves listening to God (Isaiah 55:2-3). Bring 'the firstling' to God (19). 'We are here to bring You the best that we can bring. And it is our love rising from our hearts' (Mission Praise, 717). 'Just as I am...to be the best that I can be for truth, and righteousness, and Thee, Lord of my life, I come' (Church Hymnary, 448). No second bests - Only the best will do for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...